Experience Living History
Are you looking for a cool, exciting, and memorable trip for your class, youth group or scouts? Then come and spend the day or night on the historic WWII ship SS Jeremiah O'Brien located on Fisherman's Wharf.
Come and visit this living memorial to WWII history. Built in only 56 days, she is a testament to American Ingenuity!
See a slice of what life was like for a merchant sailor.
- Visit the ship’s museum, which catalogs the terrors of crossing the U-boat infested North Atlantic and the daunting undertaking of the D-Day invasion.
- Journey deep into the heart of the ship to see our steam engine, used in the filming of the Academy Award winning movie Titanic.
- Experience breathtaking panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay, City Skyline and Golden Gate Bridge from our Flying Bridge.
The program includes a complete tour of the ship, shopping time in the ship's store, a very interesting board game, Convoy, where the kids learn how WWII convoys maneuvered through packs of German submarines to bring desperately needed supplies to the troops at the front in every theater of the War.
For a Day Trip:
- Arrive around 10:30 am
- Lunch around 1:00 pm
For an Overnight
- Arrival at 4:30 pm to settle your overnight gear in the sleeping area.
- Dinner about 6:15 pm.
- Lights out at 10:00 pm.
- Breakfast in the morning, then all ashore that's going ashore around 10:00 am.